Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's Been Pouring

To take a line from Nickle Creek "It's pouring on this side and I'm nothing but scared" could pretty much sum up my feelings and situation from the last two months or so. I have felt and still feel like man this is much.

I love this song and as I listened to it I thought of Psalm 139:

God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand. I'm an open book to you; even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking. You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your sight. You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence. I look behind me an you're there, too- your reassuring presence, coming and going. This is too much, too wonderful- I can't take it all in!

Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit? to be out of your sight? If I climb to the sky, you're there! If I go underground, you're there! If I flew on morning's wings to the far western horizon, You'd find me in a minute- you're already there waiting! Then I said to myself, "Oh, he even sees me in the dark! At night I'm immersed in the light!" It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you; night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you....

I know that God is watching. He knows and feels my pain. I love the end of the Nickel Creek song "It's pouring on this side but it feels like I'm home again There's no place to hide, but I don't think I'm scared." There are those days that I want to hide away from it all, but I know that He's there and there is no reason for hiding. God has His hand of mercy on my life and I'm encouraged by that truth.

No comments: