Sunday, June 11, 2006

What Will I Miss About The Midwest?

We'll be leaving Illinois in a month or so to head back to Texas. When we first arrived 3 years ago I thought nothing could compare to the "Great State of Texas", but I was wrong. The Midwest has certainly won me over with its special charm and uniqueness. So what will I miss about the Midwest?- A LOT

  1. Chicago-there is nothing like it.
  2. The Great Lakes-They are truly amazing, just like looking out into the ocean.
  3. Spring, Summer, & Fall (not winter that's for another post) love to see the trees change.
  4. Every house has a basement (I love my basement!!!!). Why don't houses have basements in Texas?
  5. Wheaton College-if my kids want to attend an out of state school the only place they can go will be Wheaton. A remarkable institution-can't say enough.
  6. Door County, Wisconsin. A place everyone should make a point of visiting.
  7. Chicago-I guess I already included that (worth mentioning again)
  8. Everyone is so easy going. I love that I can roll out of bed in the morning and head straight to the grocery store and no one thinks twice about my pajamas.
  9. Apple picking. A huge event every year and one that I will certainly miss.
  10. Our Friends: God has placed wonderful people in our lives that have meant the world to our family.

1 comment:

cruisermom said...

Shouldn't you consider waiting to come back to Texas until AFTER the summer?!? It's too stinkin' hot here already!

Love you guys...come on back to Texas now. I was only kidding!! It's not really that hot!! Honest!!

Aunt Frances